[WikiEN-l] Libel of organisations or just individuals

Simon Blandford simon at bkinfo.net
Sat Oct 28 12:20:30 UTC 2006

I'm a little unclear on this from reading Wikipedia's policy on libel.

It seems concerned only with libel of individuals. What is the policy
with regards to organisations? In the UK the libel laws cover
organisations as well as individuals.

For example, what happens if an article is being used as a front for a
religious hate group? Would whether the "religion" was mainstream or
quite small make any difference?

Thanks,
bksimonb

IMPORTANT NOTICE
This email and any attachment(s) is intended only for the addressee(s) named. If you are not the named addressee we request that you delete this email and do not disseminate, distribute or copy it. We endeavour to exclude viruses from our data but it is the responsibility of the recipient to check any attachments for viruses. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free and we do not accept responsibility for any such matters or their consequences.