[WikiEN-l] Reverting without reading - another example

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 01:09:59 UTC 2006

On 10/26/06, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Earle Martin wrote:
> > On 26/10/06, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> It's a nice idea, but after a few weeks of everyone being good about
> >> it, I predict seeing lots and lots of edit summaries consisting of "."
> >
> > That should be a warnable offense.
>
> Why not make blank edit summaries a "warnable offense", then? It'd be
> essentially the same thing.

A lot more technically friendly if  the software requires them to enter
"something" first; random people who aren't Wikipedia-familiar will
understand a message popping up with a little paperclip saying "I've noticed
you didn't enter an edit summary, these are important and required before we
can enter the updated data".

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com