[WikiEN-l] Editors, who are not editors

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Sun Oct 22 15:41:12 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, Peter Ansell <ansell.peter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been increasingly worried about one editors contribution
> history lately. The vast majority (possibly over 90%) of their last
> 500 edits have been in Wikipedia/Wikipedia talk space. It is my
> understanding that Wikipedia: space is for editors to use to organise
> the development of articles.

What exactly are you worried about?  I could guess at some things, but
they'd really only be guesses.

And what makes you think Wikipedia: space is for organizing the
development of articles?  Seems to me that's more the job of the Talk:
space, and that Wikipedia: space is for more meta type issues.

> My question is how does an editor--who spends all their time in
> Wikipedia space--know what they are trying to achieve?

I can't say I understand this question.  How does an editor...know
what they are trying to achieve?

Anthony