[WikiEN-l] Articles for

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 20:38:24 UTC 2006

On Oct 23, 2006, at 4:26 PM, Earle Martin wrote:

> Surely having an article on every "Rugrats" episode ever (to pick a
> random example) is overkill?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rugrats_episodes
>
> The list begins as a plain list but descends into a morass of
> redlinks.
>
> What is the usefulness threshold when it comes to writing episode
> articles?

For quite a long time, the classic quote regarding "Wikipedia is not
paper" was that there's no reason we can't have articles on every
episode of the Simpsons.

As a result, we are rather stuck with a consensus for episode
articles. This is often unfortunate - sometimes exceedingly so. (C.f.
the Doctor Who episode articles, which are the main blemish on what
would otherwise be one of the few popular culture areas to really
lack idiotic fancruft.)

-Phil