[WikiEN-l] Include both, with sources? (Daniel P. B. Smith)

Daniel P. B. Smith wikipedia2006 at dpbsmith.com
Sat Oct 21 19:44:16 UTC 2006

> From: Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net>
> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:07:40 -0400, SPUI <drspui at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Because normally we don't report on errors on maps. We don't say
>> "FDOT
>> turned over part of SR 2 to Nassau County in the 1980s, but some maps
>> still show it as a state road."
>
> Why not, if it's verifiable?  Surely that is an interesting and useful
> piece of information?

I'd have said that the general principle is that normally we don't
try to adjudicate truth or resolve conflicting sources.

If there are conflicting sources and you're pretty sure one is right
_and nobody else cares,_ just put in the one that's right. If
_somebody else cares_ then, even if they're an idiot, put in both and
source them both.  Why not?