[WikiEN-l] good example of overuse of {{fact}}

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Fri Oct 20 01:03:38 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:

> "Critics of the GPL often describe it as being "viral"<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyleft#Is_copyleft_.22viral.22.3F>,
> based on the GPL terms that all derived works must in turn be licensed under
> the GPL." (from [[GNU General Public License]])
>
> What should we do with that?  {{fact}} tag it?  Remove it?  Leave it as
> is?  Personally I'd say it should be removed.  I just removed, without
> logging in, the whole paragraph, which was nothing more than speculation
> regarding this "perception".  Let's see what happens.

21:59, 19 October
2006<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=GNU_General_Public_License&oldid=82506819>
75.202.44.46<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=75.202.44.46>(
Talk<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:75.202.44.46&action=edit>
) ({{fact}})
22:18, 19 October
2006<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=GNU_General_Public_License&oldid=82510061>
Haeleth <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Haeleth>
(Talk<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Haeleth>|
contribs<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=Haeleth>
) (rv deletion with misleading edit summary)

I'm not at all surprised.  This is why I usually use the {{fact}} tag.

Anthony