[WikiEN-l] Pattern copyvios involving comic book characters

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 20 00:40:38 UTC 2006

Phil Sandifer wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2006, at 11:27 PM, The Uninvited Co., Inc wrote:
>
>> No idea how we're going to unravel this one.
>
> Nuke all of the articles on Marvel comics characters.

Wow. Your proposal is to delete thousands and thousands of unrelated
articles, many of them quite large and with edit histories going back to
the early days of Wikipedia, and start them all over from scratch. But
Steve Block is able to "unravel" the situation by adding source info to
all images on the list and deleting just two pages as copyvio. No idea
how large the list is but if one guy was able to go through it all doing
that it couldn't have been all that long.

The term "ludicrous overkill" comes to mind. I think you've got another
agenda here. :)