[WikiEN-l] Reminder

Sherool jamydlan at online.no
Thu Oct 19 19:57:15 UTC 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:07:03 +0200, Sean Barrett <sean at epoptic.com> wrote:

> Matt R stated for the record:
>
>> I saw this on BBC News today:
>>
>>    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6059726.stm
>>
>> Made me think. I suspect I'm not the only one on this list to have
>> encountered
>> some pretty disturbed and angry people on Wikipedia. I know you all
>> know this
>> already, but a reminder: it's a good idea to ensure your physical
>> address (at
>> the very least) is not public if you plan to tangle with nutcases
>> online.
>>
>> -- Matt
>
> To quote from the article:
>
> 	Det Cons Christopher Creagh, of the Metropolitan Police, said:
> 	"This is the first instance of a web-rage attack."
>
> /me generally doesn't panic at the first instance.

Well there have been a couple Counter Strike / MMORPG (Everquest I think)
related murders i Korea already though. However in those cases the guys
where already in the same room while playing or knew each other in real
life, so it's not quite the same as some nutjob tracking down a complete
stranger after a nasty flamewar.

--
[[:en:User:Sherool]]