[WikiEN-l] Before reverting blanking, please read the text

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 19:26:05 UTC 2006

> I'd buy the argument that you read some of a long blanked page and
> missed the vandalism... (although you should also look at the recent
> history). But the argument that it's okay for a human to revert
> without reading at all? ... unacceptable.

I've read the article in question, and that's the kind of thing that
any editor who even saw the page should have removed, not just someone
reverting vandalism.  There's plenty of blame to go around there.

> To me it seems that the tone of your post, "an angry celebrity",
> really comes off as disrespectful both to the people we write about
> and to the folks who are dealing with this kinda garbage...   Rest
> assured that no one is working on this subject area because they like
> merely appeasing people who cry about non-issues.  The overwhelming
> majority of cases which get acted on are serious and materially
> hurtful attacks and it is not reasonable for you to belittle the
> matter.

Oh, please.  Two words on a mailing list does not mean I don't take
the issue seriously or that I'm not one of "the folks who are dealing
with this kinda garbage".  Your generalization is inaccurate,
insulting, and unhelpful.