[WikiEN-l] [[Kristian Menchaca]] - link to video

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 02:33:23 UTC 2006

On 10/17/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... and images can be faked. J. Random Website is not a Reliable Source.

I believe the file fits with all know descriptions. We accept a lot of
images from J. Random person that could be faked.

> If that's an admission of rules lawyering, you're headed for bannination.

I've admited that back when I used to inforce the 3RR I delt with rule
lawyers but being better at it. Yes I can rule lawyer if I want to.
Often it is a far more effective tactic than simply yelling "IAR IAR".
Rule lawyering is just a tool. It can be used for good or ill.

Why do you insist that rule lawyering is "wrong" or "taboo"? It is a
way of dealing with people and nothing more. For that matter
presentation is a way of dealing with people and nothing more. If you
deny yourself a useful tool simply because it reminds you
uncomfortably of some of it's users, you have uselessly and
pointlessly crippled yourself.

    * Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking Process in the Eye"

(I deny that I have spent too much time playing Alpha Centauri)

--
geni