[WikiEN-l] good example of overuse of {{fact}}

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 22:12:16 UTC 2006

> Ray Saintonge wrote:
> > Jimmy Wales wrote:
>

> Yes, some trolls will use such a policy to try to remove things like
> "Thomas Jefferson was the 3rd President" until we get a source.  But we
> should set our standards assuming rational people as our colleagues, and
> deal with the trolls as a separate behavioral issue.

Those kinds of trolls are fairly easily dealt with:

"Thomas Jefferson: Third President 1801-1809"
http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/tj3.html

>From the Biography of Thomas Jefferson, found on the official White
House website. That took about 1 second - if I had a whole minute I
could have found lots better stuff.

People keep claiming that it's hard to source "obvious facts";
however, in practice that's almost never the case. Obvious facts are
generally extremely easy to source.

Jay.