[WikiEN-l] [[Kristian Menchaca]] - link to video

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:11:11 UTC 2006

> I deleted the link completely.

Why? I thought the community had discussed this and come to a conclusion.

I don't think WP:RS and WP:NOR apply in this instance, certainly not to the
inclusion of a link. If the problem was that the link were used a source (or
only used a source) for prose writen by one of our editors, it would be a
problem. To simply link to a video on a container site for readers to view
at their discretion, is not using the site as a source.

Regardless, would it not be better (and more in the spirit of Wikipedia) to
simply find an alternative or ask someone to find an alternative, than just
delete the link (to the deficit of the article)?

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)