[WikiEN-l] Freakofnurture.

Nathan lists at home.nathanr.com
Mon Oct 16 00:36:03 UTC 2006

I point out to the admins and loyal readers of this
list, something that should've been pointed out ages
ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALog&type=&user=&page=User%3A74.104.100.26

21:35, 28 August 2006 Freakofnurture (Talk | contribs)
blocked "74.104.100.26 (contribs)" with an expiry time
of 6 months (nathanrdotcom)

I was blocked by freakofnurture some months ago and
the only block reason given was "nathanrdotcom" (link
to the page on Encyclopedia Dramatica about me).

I remind everyone that external sites/pages should not
be used as block reasons. Real, actual reasons
(related to Wikipedia) should be used as block reasons
(example: "IP address of blocked user" would've been
acceptable)

I challenge someone to show Freakofnurture the error
of his ways, he can't just use any old block reason he
likes (whether he's partial to ED or not, this isn't
ED, this is Wikipedia and Wikipedia has rules and
guidelines, unlike ED).

(And who ever heard of blocking a dynamic IP for six
months anyway?)

Thanks, this needed to be said.

- Nathan (nathanrdotcom)