[WikiEN-l] good example of overuse of {{fact}}

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 15:10:52 UTC 2006

> On 10/15/06, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> > Is there any way we could have a date-stamped fact tag?  Which would put
> > such things into a category or other similar page?
>
> Yes would need to be {{subst:fact}} though

No it wouldn't. You could have a template like
{{factdate|date=somedate}} whcih puts the article in a
"Category:Unsourced statements from {{{date}}}". If we want to be sure
that this works we could have a template which you subst in that is
replaced with {{factdate|date={{{subst:CURRENTDATE}}}}} (or whatever
the name of the variable is).

This is certainly technically feasible without having to subst the
entire template in (which would make it much harder to edit some
articles).

--Oskar