[WikiEN-l] RFA has gone weird

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 15:31:16 UTC 2006

> As I said, it'd be nice if most editors could get it without
> ever-increasing requirements on RFA. Should there be a requirement
> beyond "will not go batshit with the tools"?

My modest proposal that there even *be* a uniform set of requirements
(without discussing what those requirements would be) was soundly
rejected by the "RfA regulars". People want to make their own
requirements. *All* requirements on any Wikipedia (non)voting process
become stricter with time. It's an axiom or a maxim or something.

Steve