[WikiEN-l] Merger of 'conflict of interest' pages?

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 12 16:28:57 UTC 2006

The newly-named pages [[Wikipedia:Conflict of interest]] and [[Wikipedia:Editing with a conflict of interest]] have now been proposed for a merge. See discussion at the Talk page of the latter.

I don't really like the idea of the minatory tone of the latter page being at all softened. I would like it to be quite clear how little interest there is on our side, in having people think that editing with a major conflict of interest is somehow negotiable. In the cases that really matter (commercial promotion and spin-doctoring, not pathetic vanity) negotiation is not what we want or need.

Charles