[WikiEN-l] Where to discuss best approach to deal with defamitory article?

bksimonb simon at bkinfo.net
Wed Oct 11 06:52:42 UTC 2006

I've been tasked to deal with a defamitory article written about the
organisation of which I am a member.

I tried reasoning with the main editor but as I, and others who have tried,
have found that the guy acts like a tyrant and won't budge an inch. Even to
the extent of reverting NPOV warnings.

Obviously I am looking into all available routes to restore some kind of
balance on the page. I raised a Wikiettiquette alert now the next stop seems
to be mediation, which I am planning now. However there is absolute carnage
going on in the discussion page with other editors. Can't bear to look!

Right now I just want to talk with other more experienced Wikipedians who
can just help me to streamline my approach. This whole thing is taking a lot
of energy and is very damaging to the organisation. We are encountering
questions all the time from people who have read the article. Certainly we
are not expecting the article to be a glowing glorification of the
organisation but would gladly settle for a less hateful and a more neutral
account.

I have a hunch this isn't the best forum to discuss this but would
appreciate any pointers. I found an alt group but they seem to be focussed
on gripes and Wikipedia controversy more than mutual help.

Thanks & regards.