[WikiEN-l] Reliable sources: problems with [[WP:RS]]

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 00:09:56 UTC 2006

On Oct 10, 2006, at 7:43 PM, Sarah wrote:

> I think if you could explain your views on this it would help to
> illuminate what the differences are between your position and that of
> the editors who support WP:V.

I don't think there's a difference between my position and the
position of editors supporting WP:V, except insofar as I don't think
WP:V should rely on such an obviously broken page as WP:RS (Something
you apparently agree about). Once the problems with our definitions
of sources are settled, I may be able to more usefully articulate
this. But as long as there's such serious doubt over our definition
of WP:RS, we have to recognize that WP:V is, while necessary, also
not currently in a functional form.

-Phil