[WikiEN-l] Fleshlight

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 19:44:29 UTC 2006

On 10/10/06, David Alexander Russell <david at davidarussell.co.uk> wrote:

> Simple solution: Danny should not perform ANY admin action on EITHER
> account OTHER than WP:OFFICE actions. Harsh, but if that's what is
> necessary to prevent another shitstorm like this then that is what needs
> to happen. A 'long standing and widely respected editor' (Jimbo's words,
> not mine) is expected to show MORE respect for the community, not less.
> Otherwise Citizendium will gain more contributors than it deserves.

A solution with a major pitfall. Danny handles a lot of work that
needs doing - dealing with complaints, mainly, and tidying up related
problems, many of which require admin rights. We've only just
surmounted a several-month backlog of these issues thanks to
remarkable volunteer effort*; we don't have the available manpower to
take the only person paid to do it consistently away.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk

* Not by me, I hasten to add; I've been out of this loop recently due
to work pressures.