[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Re: Re: [Wikitech-l] Insight into users' behaviour

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 07:24:10 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>
Date: 10-Oct-2006 08:23
Subject: Re: Re: [Wikitech-l] Insight into users' behaviour
To: Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l at wikimedia.org>

On 10/10/06, Simetrical <Simetrical+wikitech at gmail.com> wrote:

> > http://openusability.org/download.php/89/germanwikipedia_usabilitytest_edit.pdf

> Very interesting usability analysis.  We should take this stuff to
> heart.  A lot should be fairly simple to implement (although much is
> non-development, e.g., too-verbose messages/help).

There's something about some en: admins making them explain everything
in mind-numbingly excessive detail. Something that would take a simple
subject-verb object sentence gets turned into three sentences with
four dangling modifiers and two words over four syllables. Just in
case someone didn't get a TERRIBLY IMPORTANT detail shoved in their
face right there, y'know. Large chunks of Mediawiki: space need
rewriting in Comprehensible.

- d.