[WikiEN-l] Fleshlight (Johntex)

John Tex johntexster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 00:55:54 UTC 2006

Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote
>>I'm not understanding this point -- why then do we have articles on
>>things such as [[Pipe organ]] or even people such as [[Donald Knuth]]
>>-- both of these can be easily looked up online, and they take up some
>>much more disk space than [[Fleshlight]]
>
>I think the answer to this question is to check the availability of
>recorded media celebrating skilled operators of the pipe organ versus
>the fleshlight.  Organists are notable, wankers are not.

That is an amusing quote, but I don't think it proves anything.  If wankers
are not notable, then perhaps we should delete [[sex toys]] and how about
deleting [[Masturbation]] while we are at it?

Speedy deleting this was not the best way to handle the situation.  If it
was not an office action then it should have gone to AfD.

Likewise, I urge Danny to be more forthcoming about whether something is or
is not an office action.  WP:Office is far too serious a policy to leave
editors guessing about whether it applies or not.

- Johntex