[WikiEN-l] Fleshlight

Silas Snider swsnider at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 21:51:22 UTC 2006

On 10/9/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 09:13:07 -0400, Phil Sandifer
> <Snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Danny, the Office does not and should not be determining inclusion
> >criteria on its own and imposing them without the consent of the
> >community. Fleshlight survived AfD three times.  For the Office to
> >declare "Sorry, community - you're wrong" is a new approach for the
> >Office, and one I think is a very, very bad one.
>
> Think of it as an advanced example of assuming good faith.  The
> company cannot bear for the "advertising value" of "their" article to
> be diluted.  The only way we can accommodate that is to delete it.
> Danny was very kind to do this, and the project is not measurably
> poorer as a result, it being trivially easy to find the product on the
> internets should one be so inclined.

I'm not understanding this point -- why then do we have articles on
things such as [[Pipe organ]] or even people such as [[Donald Knuth]]
-- both of these can be easily looked up online, and they take up some
much more disk space than [[Fleshlight]]

Sincerely,
Silas Snider

[[User:Simonfairfax]]

Silas Snider is a proud member of the Association of Wikipedians Who
Dislike Making Broad Judgements About the Worthiness of a General Category
of Article, and Who Are In Favor of the Deletion of Some Particularly Bad
Articles, but That Doesn't Mean They are Deletionist
(AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTD) , and the Harmonious
Editing Club of Wikipedia.