[WikiEN-l] Quitting Wikipedia and wanted you to know why.

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 8 10:23:28 UTC 2006

Ray Saintonge wrote

> That sounds like a good way of validating everything he has been saying.

Well, no, he has been posting some very wild and generalized claims. He has been playing the 'how can I be a troll, look at how provocative my posts are?' card. He has bad netiquette. He is claiming admin status, while not being transparent about his identity on the site. He has been personalising the discussion, in dealing with David Gerard. The 'in sorrow, not in anger' doesn't convince me, anyway.

The actual content (I think) boils down to one concrete claim of observed admin misbehaviour. This took a _large_ number of posts to extract. Voluminous claims look a bit less impressive in the light of what has actually come out.

I don't know about you, but I have met this profile before, and the very best thing about it is having time on his hands.

Charles