[WikiEN-l] Just to clear the air re SlimVirgin's accusation.

Nathan lists at home.nathanr.com
Sun Oct 8 04:48:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm a blocked user (but I'm not here to discuss that)
and I've been accused of something (else) that I
didn't do so I'm here to clear the air:

Please direct your attention to
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Cyde&diff=79893307&oldid=79889878

Specifically, this comment:

":::Your cryptic "cough, Nathan, cough" is, I take it,
a reference to e-mails I supposedly sent to
Nathandotcom. That was a banned user using my
e-mail address, and he did the same to several other
admins. The abuse was reported to his university who
managed to identify him and it has stopped.
Like Cyde, you need to learn all the facts before
commenting on issues. [snip]
[[User:SlimVirgin|SlimVirgin]] <sup><font
color="Purple">[[User_talk:SlimVirgin|(talk)]]</font></sup>
18:56, 6 October 2006 (UTC)"

Quite honestly, I'm sick of being accused of things I
didn't do by arrogant admins who think they're right.

Let me clear the air with the following points:

1) While I may have something against those involved
in the situation that led to my blocking, I have
absolutely nothing against any other admin of
Wikipedia, save for Cyde (who was both involved and
has done more than his fair share of attacking me in
the past and present). Therefore I have no logical
reason to harass any admin on Wikipedia. The reasoning
of "Nathan is a blocked user therefore he harbours
negative feelings toward Wikipedia and would take them
out on admins" is faulty logic.

2) I do not attend college or university nor have I
ever in the past. When my userpage was visible, I
clearly mentioned who my employer was. I'm the
Director of Technical Services of xytra.net (Services
Internet Xytra SENC of Gatineau, Quebec - this can be
verified by e-mailing nathan at xytra.net or by asking
info at xytra.net or support at xytra.net). Therefore these
accusations that I have harassed any admin of
Wikipedia are purely false. As I have said over and
over, if someone's going to accuse me of something, at
least provide proof. Proof wasn't given and it makes
SlimVirgin out to be just ranting about nothing
(apologies if this can be read as a personal attack).

The last time I used university/college facilities to
browse the Internet was in 2001-2002 when my
ex-girlfriend (then-girlfriend) was attending
university. Before that, somewhere in 1999-2000 when I
was living in Toronto.

3) I have been using the Internet since 1995 and
therefore consider my knowledge of the way things
work[tm] to be above average. Anyone can forge e-mail
headers and claim to be anyone else just like anyone
can do the above and attribute it to someone else.
Just because "it looks like Nathan did it" doesn't
make it true. Also "it's true because I say it is"
also doesn't make it true.

I resent the implication that I would go around
attacking other admins without provocation and I want
it said for the record that I haven't been involved in
such activities.

Further, I would like all questions regarding any
suspicious activities I'm suspected of being involved
in brought to me directly so that I may confirm or
deny them myself.

If ANYONE has any questions about this e-mail, please
feel free to e-mail me and I will address them.

Thanks,
Nathan (User:Nathanrdotcom)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada