[WikiEN-l] Quitting Wikipedia and wanted you to know why.

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Fri Oct 6 21:57:48 UTC 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 07:31:37 -0500, "Parker Peters"
<onmywayoutster at gmail.com> wrote:

>This is a larger problem I have with our policies, though. Every policy we
>have on the matter is designed to make it impossible for an aggrieved user
>to make any protest against abuse.

No, none of the *policies* we have prevent this, I think.  It is very
hard to be truly objective when reviewing unblock requests, though,
and we definitely need more people like JoshuaZ and Phaedirel who are
able to see the good in everybody.

But let's be honest, the SPUIs of this world are tolerated despite the
disruption they cause.  Sock-farming POV pushers should be shown the
door speedily and in no uncertain terms.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG