[WikiEN-l] templates for country-centric POV?

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 5 08:09:17 UTC 2006

Gallagher Mark George wrote

> a) A far greater proportion of Americans seem to show this attitude than seen in other countries today

{{fact}}!

I don't think parochialism is limited to any one group - that defies my sense of how things are around the world. How people express it: yes, but that's a different kind of cultural matter.

A thread on this is almost inevitably going to end up causing offence. There's a more interesting discussion to be had, I think, about 'founding assumptions' from 1776, 'American' thought being characteristically that you can divide the European heritage as signal+noise, and the having of the signal alone.

Charles