[WikiEN-l] Porchesia

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Mon Oct 2 17:35:22 UTC 2006

daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:

>I have posted this to foundation, but for those who do not know--
>
>Today I deleted the article [[Porchesia]], which was created on November  23,
>2005, i.e., 10 months ago. The article described an island off the coast of
>Lebanon with a population of over 300,000. The languages are Arabic, Greek,
>and  English.
>
>I will gladly restore the article when someone finds me one source  verifying
>the facts of this article. You might start by finding Porchesia on a  map.

Must be used for top-sekrit research - with Google Earth you can clearly
see places where fishing boats and sunlit waves have been photoshopped
over what's really there... :-)

On a more serious note, this was an article created by a new user, with
no links from anywhere (so no watchlists to be triggered). Seems
bot-detectable, at least to flag for closer inspection.

Stan