[WikiEN-l] Corporate vanity policy enforcement

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 04:42:50 UTC 2006

On Oct 1, 2006, at 1:22 PM, Jimmy Wales wrote:

> As far as not biting the newbies, well, of course I agree.  A kind and
> loving template which says "Thanks so much for your submission to
> Wikipedia, but it was deleted.  Before submitting again, please read
> please raise them at <an appropriate page>."

cruft-ridden hacks of process, and if the regulars at <an appropriate
page> weren't excessively prone to misreading the aforementioned
at all cost.

As long as that is the case, we're in the unfortunate position where
it's entirely likely the god-given common sense a user comes to the
project with is going to do them more good than our policy pages. Or,
rather, we're in the unfortunate case of trying to have policy pages
replace that common sense. As long as that's the case, they're not
really even worth citing.

-Phil