[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Dispute Resolution

Rob Smith nobs03 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 04:08:52 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob Smith <nobs03 at gmail.com>
Date: Nov 9, 2006 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Dispute Resolution
To: Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net>

On 11/9/06, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:
> I think I was in error. This is a spill over from legal conventions
> that is probably inappropriate on Wikipedia
>
> Fred

Sample of the disallowed Mediation evidence::

"16 September 2005  01:42

"In a subhead entitled ==Nobs has once again misrepresented sources in
his espionage paragraphs== Cberlet charges nobs with
"misrepresentation", "inaccurate", "biased", and "false"; Cberlet
extracts, " 'The following were members of the Victor Perlo Network';
That statement is not qualified as 'According to Elizabeth Bentley',
or 'Elizabeth Bentley has alleged', etc."; says " this is a
misrepresentation. " [5]

30 September  12:46

Cberlet files Summary of Dispute; says "Magdoff was listed by the FBI
as in the Perlo Group." [6]

"I have great difficulting figuring out what the dispute is about,
other than I'm a bad guy and he doesn't like me. At Significance of
Venona he openly states he wishes to challenge Haynes & Klehr, yet
offers nothing to challenge them with. If his goal, as stated, is to
"craft text" to "serve as a model" "across Wikipedia" for Venona
related disputes, one would presume sourcing would be the place to
start. If he wishes to challenge Haynes & Klehr, to establish that
their classifications were either (a) sometimes correct (b) sometimes
in doubt, and (c) sometimes incorrect, one would think the Workshop
Summary of Dispute would be the place to start, yet it appears he's
shifted his argument again.

I am ready to move to Talk:Significance of Venona now; and again, if
we agree to carry on mediation there, I would ask that Cberlet not
begin editing in other articles which are subject to this mediation.
Further, if he were to do so again, I would consider it a breach of an
agreement, editing in bad faith, and an abuse of the process. Thank
you. Let's proceeed. nobs 19:21, 4 October 2005"

Flcelloguy states, "I have deleted this mediation page and all the
subpages until the resolution of the Arbitration case involving both
parties... and will restore them once the ArbCom case concludes.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_mediation/Cberlet_and_Nobs01]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...rlet_and_Nobs01[/url]

It has been almost one full year and the pages have not been restored.