[WikiEN-l] General Eisenhower

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Wed May 31 22:50:52 UTC 2006

On 5/31/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/31/06, Peter Ansell <ansell.peter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is General Eisenhower aka, Dwight Eisenhower, still alive? Would it be
> > logical for someone to mistake this user with the famous american?
> > Famous live people may be disruptive, but how famous is famous?
>
> That's a separate issue - disruption by choosing an inflammatory (as
> opposed to confusing) name. Sort of like we probably wouldn't allow a
> name with the word "jihad" in it...
>
> Steve

How long exactly would it take for someone to find out whether it
really is a General Eisenhower, come back from the dead to edit random
wikipedia articles? It would be a lot less confusing than a bunch of
admins/interested users trying to figure out just which potential
usernames are confusing and which are not.

BTW, how did inflammatory make its way into your reply, I didn't quite
make the connectiion.

Peter Ansell