[WikiEN-l] Unblock request - Critique on administrators is no personal attack

Lord Voldemort lordbishopvoldemort at gmail.com
Wed May 31 14:46:14 UTC 2006

On 5/31/06, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:
> Good question. This was described as a "hit list". It certainly was a
> list of people who were carrying out a legitimate (if wrong-headed)
> consensus. I suppose it could have been the basis for a legitimate
> request for reconsideration of the decision. We do need to consider
> the question of how we deal with users who have strong Islamist
> points of view.

Why should "users who have strong Islamist points of view" be treated
any differently than anyone else?  As long as these user follow the
rules and work within the model of NPOV, etc., why should there be a
problem.  How do we deal with people that have stong <insert other
belief system here> point of view?

I do think we should always be open to reconsideration of a decision
on any particular issue.  Consensus once does not mean consensus
always.
--LV