[WikiEN-l] Blocked for disruption and trolling?

Anittas Hatti anittas_of_wiki at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 23:44:34 UTC 2006

The recent days have been very confusing to me. I'll keep it short. User:Zoe demanded a certain part of the article to be sourced. That part of the article was sourced, but had no footnotes attached to it. Zoe asked what the sources were, and I gave them the two souces: one was a book and another was a Doc-file. These sources had been included in the article.

  Zoe claimed that they didn't have the book and that the Doc-file could not be accessible for all people. After much discussion, Zoe agreed to restore the part of the article, until it was found that the text was plagiarized from another site and was again removed. All was fine.

  Meanwhile, I went to a few articles started by two other users and removed the unsourced material. I was reverted and warned for being disruptive. After some negotiations, I started instead to discuss the issue, as Zoe said that I should do. I  went to ANI to ask questions about the Wiki policy on sources. I didn't care about the text that was removed due to plagiarization, as I deemed the decission to be a correct one. I went to ANI to ask whether an article about a comicbook could use that same comic as a source. I then asked if an article about a movie could use the same movie as a source. I thought it was original research, because the author of the article needs to interpret the art by himself and then write about it. No-one gave me any answer to the topic; instead, Zoe blocked me for disruption and trolling.

  I'm sure that most admins will agree with Zoe's decission, even tho I was being polite the whole time and even tho I was ultimately blocked for asking questions on ANI (which ironically, saw a couple of admins contradict themselves) by an admin who was involved in the dispute. That's fine with me: you can agree with Zoe and everyone else that disagreed with me. Perhaps I was being disruptive by asking too many questions. But I would still like to know if an article about a movie can use the movie as a source; and if an article about a comicbook can use that same comicbook as a source. If the answer is no, can any action be taken against such articles? And where can this info be found?

  I don't want to be accused of taking things out-of-context or for whatever else, so I will include the links to the relevant discussions.

  The question on ANI that ultimatelly got me blocked:

  * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Another_question_about_sources

  * My first question on ANI:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Articles_without_references

  * Vlad III Dracula source conflict:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Vlad_III_Dracula#Nine_anecdotes

  * My talkpage (accused of vandalism, trolling, disruption, etc.)

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Anittas#Vlad_III_Dracula

  * The discussion on ANI:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Vlad_III_Dracula.2C_redux

  * Discussion on one of the related articles:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Abin_Sur

User:Anittas