[WikiEN-l] To: Jimmy Wales - Admin-driven death of Wikipedia

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed May 31 11:06:03 UTC 2006

 "Nick Boalch" wrote

>Can you actually find an
> example of an admin behaving like that who hasn't been desysopped by
> ruling of the Arbitration Committee? I doubt it.

In fact we have probably not 'culled' enough admins, if one were to judge
solely by management criteria.  It is not done lightly.  Also, we tend to
assume admins act in good faith, and that if they get things wrong (happens)
then it is reversible.  That is not exactly accurate: but any admin not
acting in good faith is probably a troubled person, not just a troubled
admin.  And mistakes alone don't justify a de-sysop.

Charles