[WikiEN-l] To: Jimmy Wales - Admin-driven death of Wikipedia

Molu loom91 at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 08:38:03 UTC 2006

You know as well as I do that that's not going to work. There is no old guy with a beard sitting on top of the Wikipedia servers and determining who is acting on WIkipedia's interest and who is not. WIkipedia is not a textbook, it's a real thing and we need to give operational definitions instead of unrealisable abstract ones. The key point here IS whether there is some sort of backing for the action taken, not whether the action was 'clear-sighted', because the only available measure of whether the action was clear-sighted is whether it has the backing of the community.

  Molu