[WikiEN-l] Aww, so cute, a banned user is trying to take us down with a DMCA notice

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue May 30 13:04:56 UTC 2006

On 30/05/06, Chris Jenkinson <chris at starglade.org> wrote:
> Mark Gallagher wrote:
> > He's sincere, and hurt, and there's no call to go making fun of him
> > here, and especially not to republish his full personal details,
> > including home address.
> >
> > Please, just *think* a little before you post!
>
> That's a bit rich coming a few hours after you just told Molu his posts
> were annoying and full of nonsense, and demanded he stopped posting to
> the list.

Okay, then, I'll sign that email instead of Mark; it's exactly what I
was saying on IRC last night.

Sometimes, our processes don't work well for people. Sometimes, they
end up being compelled to do things we view as being a bit silly, like
DMCA takedown notices. This is because, frankly, we have an
institutionalised culture of being pretty dickish when people make
not-unreasonable requests like "please delete an article I wrote".

I really do feel sorry for this guy, and there is *absolutely nothing*
to be gained by mocking him on wikien-l other than making us look like
heels.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk