[WikiEN-l] General Eisenhower

Mon May 29 16:40:29 UTC 2006

[[User:General Eisenhower]] is in breach of [[WP:USERNAME]] where is states:

Names of VIPs or well-known historical figures ( e.g. Benjamin
Franklin<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin>;
> Chuck Norris <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Norris>).

On his userpage he claims

  I'm General and future president Eisenhower.

I requested he changed his username, as to which a poll was
started<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk%253AGeneral_Eisenhower&diff=55756520&oldid=55755552>however.

According to GeorgeMoney, it was a bad faith nom : how is this?

Eisenhower said on my talk page: I am not changing my username. General
Eisenhower <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:General_Eisenhower> • ( at war
or at peace <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:General_Eisenhower>)
15:59, 29 May 2006 (UTC).

He has not accepted he is in breach of policy, which he is. I am posting
here to seek other people's views (as per [[WP:USERNAME]]) and to possibly
make a namechange compulsory.

Eisenhower would normally have been given a username block, however he
slipped through the net to become fairly estabilished (albeit it not in the
main namespace), which makes it harder.

--
Joe Anderson

[[User:Computerjoe]] on en, fr, de, simple, Meta and Commons.