[WikiEN-l] Unblock request - Critique on administrators is no personal attack

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sun May 28 21:14:16 UTC 2006

Fred Bauder wrote:
> You are right that putting insulting pictures on Wikipedia was a bad
> idea. Why so many of our users have a blind spot regarding this issue
> I don't know, but there is a consensus that the pictures ought to be
> shown.

It's hardly the case that pictures insulting to Muslims are being
singled out for inclusion on Wikipedia.  I'm not sure if anyone still
remembers, but there was a bit of an uproar in the United States a few
years ago about anti-Christian artwork, and we have a photo of the piece
that triggered that uproar included in the article, [[Piss Christ]].

-Mark