[WikiEN-l] The shift of Wikipedia

Chris Lüer chris at zandria.net
Sun May 28 16:09:21 UTC 2006

At 03:34 PM 5/26/2006, le Richard wrote:
>As a recent contributor to Wikipedia, I'd like to give you some feedbacks.
>My impression is that many popular articles are not made of the best
>contributions, rather they are made by people who are willing to
>spend a lot of
>time on wikipedia, and contribute a lot, editing and removing others
>contributions, knowing exactly what are the rules, making the rules and so on.

It's certainly true that the rules are made by those people that
spend the most time on Wikipedia. If you have a job or a family, it's
quite tough to keep up with all the students and retired people.

On the other hand... the people with a surplus of spare time are also
the same ones who contribute a lot of good work, so one can't really complain.

I guess you already found the solution to the problem: stick to
obscure articles, and leave the big, popular topics to the obsessive
editors. That's what I do.

         Chl