[WikiEN-l] katefan0

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Sun May 28 11:30:42 UTC 2006

On 5/28/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> Delink administrative actions from user accounts. Give admins access to
> a shared admin account, with a private log linking actions to the users
> who have done them, viewable only by other admins.

Not good, because you then also have to create secret communication
channels (for users to ask questions, admins to explain and discuss
their actions in complex situations, etc.). Everything2 has a similar
system called "Klaproth" which is used to anonymously "nuke"
write-ups. See the FAQ at:
http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=E2%20FAQ%3A%20Klaproth

This should give you an idea about some of the complex problems that
result from such an approach.

Everything2 also has the "Everything Death Borg" who anonymously
swallows people who make inappropriate comments in the chatterbox. I
don't think either approach is likely to engender a more pleasant
working atmosphere in an open project that is already suffering
constant accusations of cabalism.

Since we would still require a public list of admins (due to RfA), it
should also be noted that some of the people who target admins do so
indiscriminately. You're an admin? That means you're a member of the
ruling class, baby.

Erik