[WikiEN-l] Quasi-protection policy proposal

Nick Boalch n.g.boalch at durham.ac.uk
Sat May 27 23:15:08 UTC 2006

Andrew Gray wrote:
[...]
>> Hello, all: I've written up [[Wikipedia:Quasi-protection policy]] [1], a
>> proposal similar to semi-protection that would effectively limit sleeper
>> accounts used to vandalize articles linked from the Main Page.
[...]
> I like it, but there's a big logistical burden lying in wait for us.

Do we have any statistics on how many new accounts are created each day?

That would help to determine if the burden of manually checking every
new user would be unsustainable -- it would be unacceptable for
potentially constructive users to be held back from contributing because
of an 'account validation backlog'.

Cheers,

N.

--
Nicholas Boalch
School of Modern Languages & Cultures       Tel: +44 (0) 191 334 3456