[WikiEN-l] ( First post ) RE: "In which Snowspinner pwns WR."

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Fri May 26 17:02:37 UTC 2006

On 5/25/06, Selina . <wikipediareview at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, as it's my first post I just thought I'd say hi. :) I am, of
> course, WR user #1 ( http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showuser=1 )
> otherwise known as Mistress Selina Kyle :) I expect loads will
> probably want to flame me and all but whatever, I know a lot tend to
> ignore NPA when it suits them. ;) (if you don't think that applies
> here, read this: http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l ,
> I did - hint, it's at the very bottom)

Hello. Thank you for showing up.  Would you mind if I asked you a
couple of questions? None of these questions are meant as attacks or
to be taken sarcastically, but I feel they are legitimate and
pertinent questions.

1) What is the point of Wikipedia Review? Do you have a goal for your project?

2) I don't have any preconceived notions about most of the posters,
not being familiar with most of their Arbcom cases or whatever
grievances they have, but based upon how they act on WR, they seem to
want nothing more than to reinforce each other's gripes and chortle
over every negative blog post about WP or every bad thing that happens
to a Wikipedian.  Do you feel this is a fair assessment?  If not,
could you point to some threads in which more positive or more
representative discussion has taken place?

3) Much of the tone of the discussion on WR regarding female
administrators of Wikipedia has been quite misogynist.  Do you feel
this is appropriate for your forum?

4) Bernie Machen, the president of the University of Florida, was
contacted via email, which led to the police investigation of
Snowspinner, a UF student.  Do you think that this mail was sent by a
member of WR?  If so, how do you feel that fits in with the goals and
aims of WR?

5) Katefan0 has left Wikipedia today due to the actions of a WR
poster, and WR members are currently discussing contacting her
employer or filing a grievance against her with Congress.
(http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=1422&st=20)  Do you
feel this is an appropriate use of your forum?  Would you feel that WR
would be responsible if Katefan0 lost her job?  How does this fit in
with the goals and aims of WR?

Thank you in advance for your replies.