[WikiEN-l] Proposal: limited extension of semi-protection

Molu loom91 at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 08:11:34 UTC 2006

While obviously exaggarated, the article does raise some interesting points. For example, the following sentence struck me as insightful: "The 'general public,' you see, is now an entity separate and distinct from those who actually control the creation of Wikipedia." Anyway, irrespective of the truth of these claims the permanent and (apparently) secretive semi-protection of pages will give us very bad publicity, particularly if this is applied indiscriminately to all pages in a category. I think the drawbacks of such a measure outweigh the benefits.

  Molu