[WikiEN-l] my week ban - which is now an indefinate ban again

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed May 24 22:21:04 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, Philip Welch <wikipedia at philwelch.net> wrote:

> There are countless administrators on the listserv already. If we
> need to find a consensus among admins, we don't need to go to AN
> because we've already established it here.

I think the principle has been well and truly established that "consensus"
is measured on Wikipedia. You can attempt to gain support anywhere you like,
but you can't beat anyone over the head with the consensus stick until you
can show them a pile of '''support'''s.

See whatever that lame policy about off-wiki discussion was. It eventually
became sensible.

Steve