[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against feeding the trolls

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed May 24 12:40:23 UTC 2006

 "Tony Sidaway"  wrote

> Community bans are becoming more common and are bound to do so, as the
> community continues to grow at a rate that cannot be matched by the
> Arbitration Committee's capacity to cope with every single problem
> user.

Well, it never was the ArbCom's job to have a finger in every pie.  It took
over from Jimbo having to rule in the toughest cases.  And the process is
still most suitable for ruling on apparently intractable cases which need a
fairly transparent process.  Having cases disposed of by other routes is
intended.

Charles