[WikiEN-l] Creation of user photographs

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Wed May 24 07:46:36 UTC 2006

On 21/05/06, Peter Mackay <peter.mackay at bigpond.com> wrote:
> I refer to [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:PICT4101.JPG] which was
> clearly not taken by the subject, nor by using a tripod or other support
> such as a wall.

How do we know he didn't turn his camera's timer on, put it down on a
wall or bollard and go and stand in front of the camera? This seems to
be jumping the gun a bit. Also, note the copyright release says "I,
the creator", not "I, the photographer". I don't see any basis for
attacking this image.

It would be handy to have some more image copyright tags available for
use, as the current ones don't cover all legitimate situations.

~Mark Ryan