[WikiEN-l] Speedy deletions

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue May 23 22:35:01 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, Drini drini <wpdrini at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Personally I would modify this slightly by even further acknowledging
> that
> it's _ok_ for people doing newpages patrol (especially) to err in the
> defense of quality, and that resurrecting a few things here and there
> behind
> them is a small price to pay for avoiding another Seigenthaler incident. "
>
> Admin actions are reversable anyway

To save others the trouble of pointing it out, there is always the risk of
losing "deleted" stuff in a server crash (they're apparently not backed up),
and apparently at least once in the past "deleted" stuff has been
deliberately purged to save space.

No idea of the validiity of these arguments.

Steve