[WikiEN-l] Proposal: limited extension of semi-protection policy

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue May 23 13:23:20 UTC 2006

Jimbo wrote:

>Be glad, if my proposal worries you, that I am not proposing that we
>automatically semi-protect all living bios. :)

Can I propose it then?

1. Category:Living people can be added to an article by anyone; the
software prevents anyone not an admin from removing it.
2. Being in that cat makes an article semi-protected.

This is a [[SMOP]], of course.

(We had a Wikimedia UK meeting on Saturday. A few of us came up with
this precise policy independently. Great cabals think alike and all
that.)

- d.