[WikiEN-l] blocked for a week for these edits

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Tue May 23 04:37:51 UTC 2006

On May 22, 2006, at 7:32 PM, Ryan Delaney wrote:

>> Imagine if we had editors who belonged to the KKK as well as large
>> numbers of black editors. Still don't see the problem?
>
> Nope, and we've been around and around on this on the mailing list
> before.
> People who make good edits are welcome to do so, regardless of
> ideological
> affinity.

Alright. I see you weren't keeping up with the context of the
discussion, so let me fill you in:

Imagine if we had editors who belonged to the KKK and made it obvious
they belonged to the KKK with the following pattern of behavior:
making contributions about European history while making biased edits
against pro-African or African-American political causes, along with
a rigid obsession with mentioning in the lead paragraphs of [[OJ
Simpson]], [[John Muhammed]], et. al. that these convicted or
suspected murderers were black, and making posts to the listserv
under the pseudonym of "David Duke". Now do you see the problem?

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch