[WikiEN-l] blocked for a week for these edits

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon May 22 18:04:33 UTC 2006

Philip Welch wrote:

>On May 20, 2006, at 10:27 PM, Prasad J wrote:
>

>>You find the username Abu Hamza offensive, tomorrow if someone adopts
>>the pseudonym Lynddie England, then what will your reaction be?
>>

>Exactly the same.
>
>Just like if someone came here calling himself "David Duke".

That depends on when it happens.  Lynddie England will likely never rise
above the status of a footnote to the Abu Ghraib incident.  In a few
years people's response to her name will most likely be "Who?"

David Duke is a local celebrity in Louisiana who may not be much
remembered elsewhere, and his name may be as common as Abu Hamza's is in
the Middle East.  My instincts want to associate him with "The Dukes of
Hazzard."

Ec