[WikiEN-l] Sep 11 memorial, systemic bias, lunacy in Wikipedians, and other fine topics (was Re: jaygy and indefinate ban)

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon May 22 09:06:05 UTC 2006

"Prasad J" wrote

> Do you think you could muster up some people who can combat
> our systemic bias problem but also wouldn't go flying off the deep end
> and start confusing neutrality with Zionism?  Because that would be very
> welcome.

I agree.  We need much, much more work on systemic bias on the English
Wikipedia.  We are effectively the flagship Wikipedia, and it would be also
good to be the one most on top of the systemic bias issue.  And we have to
be careful to keep it non-politicised.  Systemic bias is a blot on the claim
to be 'encyclopedic', to give a genuine panorama.  It improves the 'pedia
for everyone, to bear down on it.

Charles